Wednesday, May 23

Manager Training


Today was official manager training for the more than 130 managers on the ranch. Philmont program director Mark Anderson led the session, which included reviewing the 1966 edition of Philmont's "Camp Staff Management and Morale" booklet.

My favorite quote from the booklet reads:
"Above all, set the proper example. The staff will look to their director for their model."
Even though I don't have my own staff this year, I plan to lead through marketing-- living our mission, serving our customers, and bringing motivation to work everyday.
After training, we ate lunch as a team. More staffers are on their way. My tentmate, Jeremy showed up today with another assistant manager, Nate-- both from California. Manager training continues through the weekend. Most of the clerks will arrive Saturday and Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment