Wednesday, July 20

Crew 715-G

After spending a late night with Harry Potter, I slept in till 9 a.m.  It felt good.  (Although I woke up in an oven of a tent).  


That day, I met up with Crew 715 G, my other troop contingent from Erie.  They spent a couple days in Colorado Springs before driving to Philmont.  


This crew got a great ranger-- Craig-- who took them into the backcountry for training the first days of the trek.  Everyone was excited to hit the trail, adults and Scouts alike.


One of the crew members sprained his ankle on day 1.  He spent a few days recovering in the health loge before returning on the trail.  I haven't heard from them since, but I'll meet them on the trail this weekend.


Before the crew departed for Six Mile gate, all the crew members got themselves Sharpie tattoos-- for Troop 59 and Crew 715-G.  

No comments:

Post a Comment