Thursday, August 18

Farewell, TOTT

Sunday, August 14, I said goodbye to TOTT and Philmont for 2011.  I didn't want to leave.  The staff didn't want me to leave either.   


Under the instruction of Andrew Ivey, the whole morning shift cornered me and picked me up.  
They paraded me around the store with shouts of "Aaron!", "Aaron!"  


I was in such disbelief that this was happening, and apparently the customers were too.  Ascended above them, all I could do was look down upon their confused faces and laugh. 



As the morning shift mob exited the front of the store, they dumped me on the lawn. 


Again, I was group-hugged.  I said my final goodbyes.  


But I couldn't leave.  Cameron, a six-year-old, clung to my left leg as Andrew, a 19-year-old, latched on to my right leg.

I can't thank the staff enough for that goodbye.  It was an epic farewell that I will never forget.  I loved working at TOTT this summer.  I hope those I worked with enjoyed the snack bar as much as I did.



No comments:

Post a Comment